Monday, November 29, 2010

Cookin': Turkey Breast Enchilada Casserole

I felt like cooking tonight after work. I ran to Safeway off 19th/Taraval to grab a couple of items I didn't have to create this imagined dish I had in my head.

I had some left over Turkey Breast from last week and I felt like Mexican. Why not whip up something delicious? A Turkey Breast Enchilada Casserole is what came to mind.

I took a mixture of Tomatillo/Avocado Salsa and Onion and marinated the leftover Turkey Breast. I had some canned Enchilada Sauce along with bought low-fat mexican cheese and corn tortillas.

I layered the casserole similar to how one would make a lasagna.

Layers: Enchilada Sauce to coat the dish so the tortillas don't stick, (1) Corn Tortillas, Turkey Mixture, a light amount of cheese, Enchilada Sauce and (2) (1) Corn Tortillas, Turkey Mixture, a light amount of cheese, Enchilada Sauce.

I baked for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees. The result was pretty tasty and took very little effort!

 

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: