Monday, November 15, 2010

Ain't no thang but a chicken wang

So, I was tipped by a twitter post from Bao that one of my favorite set of chicken wings made a quiet entrance in the Bay Area. What you may ask? The Korean "Bon Chon."

During one of my recent visits to New York Citay, my buddy Joe insisted we go to Bon Chon in NYC's K-town. That was a lovely decision.

It's a simple menu, really. A couple of flavors. A couple of types of chicken parts to choose from (wings v. drums v. boneless). Voila. You have magical Korean Fried Chicken. Hooters got nothing on this. Down a beer, and you're good to go.

I think the good thing is that it's crispy but not fatty. It's a really really nice way to eat chicken. I approve.

So what's the deal? Bon Chon recently made an entrance to my old hood in Sunnyvale off El Camino Real.

Here are some photos from my NYC experience:

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: