Sunday, August 26, 2007

Friday Night Socialite: Dinner at Zazie San Francisco

I don't normally go out to dinner as much as I should. I guess I just grab something quick from a quick casual place (a la 'Plutos' or 'El Pollo Loco') nowadays. I guess it's the routine in me.

I probably should be exploring Bay Area restaurants more like when I first transplanted myself here. It's like a foodie's heaven.

On Friday I went with Joe to a quaint French Bistro in Cole Valley (SF) called Zazie. It was super delicious. I guess they're known for their brunch, but their dinner was spectacular. They're also known for the garden patio, which I didn't experience either. I guess there are more reasons to go back. :)

It's Michelin Guide rated and is well received on Yelp, too.

When you first walk in, you notice the winding staircase to your right and the brick interior. Joe was smart enough to make reservations, something I never do. So we were seated right away.

The waiter was a nice guy, with what I can only conclude is a British or Welsh accent. He knows his food and wine.

After looking over the menu, I was trying to decide between the Steak Au Poivre and the Ravioli with Lemon Sauce. The waiter said it comes down to delicateness. I wasn't feeling anything super heavy, so I went for the Ravioli. It was very tasty. The flavors blended well in a light and airy kind of way.

Here's what I ordered:

Drink: French Cider - Really Tasty. Slightly sweet. :)
Starter: French Onion Soup - Superb!
Entree: Ricotta Ravioli in a Lemon Sauce with Crab and Aromatic Peas - Amazing!
Dessert: Vanilla Creme Brule (One Bite Only!) - Wish I had more. Haha. ;)

No comments: