Sunday, January 13, 2008

Last Day in Ann Arbor

I'm returning to Northern California after my 3 and a half month stint in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Today is my last full day living in Michigan. I'm flying out tomorrow morning to return to the daily California grind.

I'll be the first to admit that this city probably isn't representative of the Midwest as a whole, but I had a great time here. The town can be described as 'college,' 'liberal,' 'artsy,' and even 'pretentious.' I'm going to even miss living in the snow a bit. I'm going to miss the people the most, though. I don't think I'll miss the food all that much --- I could do without the college town grub.

Often times I felt like I was out of my comfort zone, but I think I needed to be. You don't create memories if you're always comfortable.

I've conquered The West Coast, East Coast and the Midwest. All I have left is the South. :P

No comments: