Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chick Flick Moment

So yesterday I started to become ballsy when it comes to dates and meeting new people. I pulled off what I thought was a fairly chick flick moment.

So, flash back to last weekend at Dragon in San Francisco. This guy pushed his friend to introduce himself to me around 1am or so. I was pretty flattered. His friend was cute and kinda had this urban / hipster vibe to him. After talking for a while, I found out his name was Earl. I remembered it because I immediately thought of the TV show. He remembered my name because of 'Will & Grace.' I guess we both watch enough TV to remember people's names that way. After having an interesting conversation, I decide to give Earl a ride home. I got slightly lost, but that gave us some more time to talk. Something about him was intriguing, but I couldn't quite nail it down. I arrived at his place in the Upper Haight and called it an evening. I was stupid not to give him my phone number and regretted it all week. I blame it on me being tired, because at that point it was 3:00am.

Flash forward to last night in the Castro. I was heading to the Google Castro Pub Crawl, version 2.0, but remembered Earl worked at Nirvana, a pan Asian restaurant which I went to over a month ago. It's delicious, you should try it. Nirvana is close to Badlands, the first 'pub' we were crawling.

I decided to stroll on inside after peaking in the Window to see if he was working. He indeed was. He was at the bar talking to his coworker. His back to pointing to me and I gave him a quick tap on the shoulder. He turns around and looked shocked. I'm pretty sure he remembered me. At this point it was 9:30 and i'm sure he was getting off soon. We chatted for a bit. I told him I had to go pub crawling. He said he was going to go to Hot Mess at Stud. I let him know flat out that I regretted hot giving him my phone number, So i decided to stop by and surprise him. We have the same phone, so It was easy to enter. ;)

He texted me later, giving me his number and said it was a pleasant surprise I stopped by to see him. I told him we should hang out soon.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhm serendipity? lol

I was organizing my flickr account and saw that you haven't posted in a while. Amado reminded me that I had you listed as a contact.