Saturday, September 15, 2007

Real friends have your back

I don't really like relying on anyone else. Becoming dependent on others makes me feel a bit awkward. I always go to the worst case scenario. What if they don't follow through on what I'm depending on them for?

I guess by not relying on others and being independent, It helps me from not thinking about that 'worst case scenario.'

So last night rolls around. I had a fantastic time with some friends after work playing poker, eating a bit of pizza and playing a karaoke game on the PS2. I came in 3rd of 6th place in poker, in case you were wondering. I lost on a full house with the winner having a four of a kind. :/

Anyways, a few of my friends who i was playing poker were going back to SF. I wanted to go to a club in SF because I would get to see some of my friends who I haven't seen in a while (John, Devon, Milo) and some of my friends who I will be seeing less of because of going to Ann Arbor and other circumstances (Ty, Evan, Eddie.) Heej was kind enough to offer me a ride up to SF. I called Alex and Joe, because Joe was in the city and heading back down to where I live in the Silicon Valley. So I could get a ride back home from him. At least I thought that was the case...

When it came time to leave the club, Joe was plastered (I can't drive his car because it's a stick), Alex didn't give a shit that I was stranded, and I now had to deal with that 'worst case scenario.' Ty, one of my good friends and co-workers who I was hanging out with at Dragon, came to the rescue and asked Fred, who was heading to San Jose, to see if I could get a ride back to my apt. in Sunnyvale. Fred was kind enough to give me a ride, even though it was a little out of his way. I was rescued by real friends. Before I left, Ty said 'I Have your back, Girl!' Now he needs to know I have his back anytime, too. Also, before I left, Devon said, 'Anytime you need a place to crash in the city, You're more than welcome at my place.' My friends know I have their back and I know I have theirs.

I guess I learned my lesson. Either (1) Don't depend on others or (2) Only depend on your real friends.

I had a great time last night. It will most likely be my last club experience in the San Francisco Bay Area until 2008. I can't wait to go to A2 but I have a sour taste in my mouth from last night

No comments: