Monday, August 21, 2006

LA Drops Country, Gets Rick Dees.

I just read at LA Observed that LA's only country station (KZLA 93.9) abruptly changed formats without notice. LA is the second most popular market for country music. Not that I like country or anything, but I think it sucks for people who do like the format.

The New Station is Called "Movin 93.9"

Rick Dees is the New Morning DJ. He was the Morning DJ at LA's 102.7 Kiis FM for about a billion years (well, or since the 70's)

The Dish
: Its a new AC format station targeting women 25-44. Most of the songs played on Movin' 93.9 consists of Rhythmic Pop and Dance hits from the 80's and 90's to the present day, along with classic Disco and Freestyle tracks thrown in for balance. It will basically compete with my other favorite LA station... KBIG 104.

That means I'd probably like the station, minus Rick Dees.

No comments: