Saturday, July 24, 2010

CD Mixing

Music and discovering new tunes is a big passion of mine. I love the art of discovering new music as well as introducing others to something they haven't heard. I'm sure it's the same feeling a DJ gets when spinning at a club.

Since I commute, go to the gym, etc, I always have music playing. What most people don't know is that I prepare a "Car Mix CD" a few times a month for my commute. I don't have an iPod adapter for my car and the radio frequency adapters blow. Plus, I like having a limited 80 minutes to work with when I burn a CD. I keep it old school like that I guess. Maybe I'll get a fancy car audio system when I replace my nearly 10 year old Honda Civic.

This is what I have banging on my car mix CD for July (which has been edited a few times this month):

  1. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
  2. 2012 (feat. Nicki Minaj) - Jay Sean
  3. Something 'Bout Love - David Archuleta
  4. For The First Time - The Script
  5. Get Outta My Way - Kylie Minogue
  6. DJ Got Us Falling In Love (feat. Pitbull) - Usher
  7. Lovekiller - Darin
  8. Too Late For Lovers - Gin Wigmore
  9. You Lost Me (Hex Hector Mac Quayle Radio Edit) - Christina Aguilera
  10. Alejandro (Dave Aude Radio Mix) - Lady Gaga
  11. I Need a Girl (feat. G-dragon) - Taeyang
  12. Dynamite (Mixin Marc Remix Radio Edit) - Taio Cruz
  13. Sooner or Later - Michelle Branch
  14. Push That Knot Away - KT Tunstall
  15. Karaoke - Drake
  16. You Look Better When I'm Drunk - The White Tie Affair
  17. Somebody To Love (feat. Usher) - Justin Bieber
  18. Won't Go Quietly - Example
  19. Missing You (Cahill Radio Edit) - The Saturdays
  20. Start Again (feat. Becky Jean Williams) - Kaskade
  21. What You Get (Original Radio Long Edit) - Junior Caldera

As you can see, my music taste is super varied. Pop, Hip Hop, Folk, Rock, Kpop, Britpop, Dance, Remixes, etc.

 

Posted via email from sunset to SUNRISE

No comments: