Thursday, February 14, 2008

Craigslist Talk: "Why do all the white guys only like asian guys?"

It's no secret i enjoy reading Craigslist, especially the SF Bay Area M4M Missed Connections.

I suppose it shouldn't be in the 'missed connections' thread, but the topic of: "Why do all the white guys only like asian guys?" recently came up.

Given my past, one would most likely put me in the above category. I don't categorize myself as a 'Rice Queen' and find it semi-offensive. I'm open to dating all races, find all sorts of men attractive (various ages, race, heights, weights, etc.). It just so happens that I like dating Asian men. I also have a lot of Asian friends. I always have, from grade school to college to work. But If you look at my friends as a whole, I would say most are minorities (not white; female).

While I was in the Midwest, I would say I started to think about dating White Guys more. I feel one is open to dating what you're mostly around, given your current environment. In the Midwest, I was surrounded by mostly white and african-american guys. I probably would adapt to dating them more in the Midwest.

Given that, here was the initial Craigslist post with the Headline, "Why do all the white guys only like asian guys?"
in all honesty, i just want to know why is it that all of the white men in san francisco are only into asian boys?
ive lived here for about 4 years, and ive noticed that MOST of the white guys are into asian boys and vice versa..
so i just want to know?
i have no prejudice towards it at all because I LIKE IT ALL, but i just feel that theres this new hot craze over asian boys lately.
lemme know :)
Some chatter back to this initial question:
  • "Because if you're a white guy and you are NOT attracted to asian guys, they're likely to accuse you of being racist when you turn them down.

    Being that these same asian guys are wanting to get with me based solely on my race, it strikes me as a double-standard, but whatever helps ya deal with rejection, I guess..."
  • "you like what you like. can't change that much.

    i have a friend who's asian and thinks that every time he's rejected by someone, it's only because he's asian and for no other reason. i've always thought that maybe it's because he's short, or lean, or he's stuck on himself. who knows why anyone ever gets rejected or accepted, just is what it is."
  • "I prefer old. Therefore, I'm bitter at the Asians for stealing a portion of my market share.

    Asians like old dudes, as do I.

    White-old-dudes.

    HANDS OFF MY OLD MAN, GAYSIAN!!! I SEE YOU LOOKING AT HIS CROW'S FEET! BACK IT UP BITCH!"
  • "But to say that Asians take away your market share is to say that you and all the other Asians (as well as whites who like older) are all the same, and it's just a matter of chance. And though I admit that chance has a lot to do with finding "love," whatever that means to anyone, there is also a huge element of 'je ne sais quoi' that each person possesses that is unique. I guess what I'm saying is not to sell yourself short and think that one would only be attracted to you or anyone else because of skin color. While there are people out there like that, I think there are more of us out there that appreciate a person for the intangibles, the sheer 'chemistry' of it all. OK, off my soapbox.

    Good luck! :)"
  • "Guys, guys, guys!
    What's all this? Are you all bored sitting there and has nothing else to talk about? I think the only missed connection here is simply 'grow up'!!
    We should be proud and fortunate to live in a city that's so rich with all the different ethnic groups in it. Everybody, gay or straight, is up to individual to choose who or which race one likes. Just because you can't find the right guy to out there, you just don't make such or any assumption out loud!
    And how can one say that this 'white like asian ' is the trend lately? Are we talking about Project Runway here? Please people, if you really want a real topic to talk to, how about Obama VS Clinton? Or share your favorite mom's recipe? So what's missing here again?"
  • " They give great blow jobs, and make great bottoms."
Of course, I don't endorse any of the above comments. I find some offensive as well. But I think it was an interesting thread.

No comments: